Monday, October 30, 2017

Week 53!!!

Wow wow wow wow this last week was AWESOME. I tell you what,  things get hard but Heavenly Father always comes in clutch!

Last Monday was real cool.  We were in Target just shopping in the kids section of shoes (for my midget feet) and there was this lady working and filling in shoes. She saw our tags and asked US who we were (best question you could ever ask a missionary)... we explained to her and taught her about the book of Mormon right then and there and she instantly opened up and told us her whole life story like a fire hose. She was super interested in learning more.  We got her Facebook information and was able to friend her and then send her the link to the Book of Mormon in 60 seconds video found on Mormon.org. We soon got a notification that she LOVED IT. We are hoping to be able to teach her soon! It was so awesome!  (See, Good things happen when you go shopping. HA. HA.)
We also found a Muslim family who wants us to teach them English! They are all from Lithuania/ Morocco and speak Arabic... pray for us.  They feed us these pistachio coconut things that were SUPER sweet and they wanted us to eat tons of them.. my comp was over here DYING because she thought they were so nasty... She just struggles with all the middle eastern food and taps out! So I always eat a ton and my insides either turn into mush, or a knot.  LOVE IT!  :)  

Tuesday we were on exchanges and I got to go with a brand new missionary, Sister Harris. We ended up teaching an Arabic family from Egypt and using Google translate to teach.  It was stressful,  but so cool!  I asked the kids what their name was and the 6 year old replied "Arseni!" I was like shoot  now i gotta remember that... then i asked the 4 year old and he babbled something back that sounded like "rabbial" and I tried repeating it back and Arseni chimes in and says "No it isn't,  it's KEVIN!" I DIED. We will also be teaching the mom English. Double prayers please!  That night we also had dinner with a member and brother Haring's tooth FELL OUT RIGHT AT THE TABLE. Ahhhhhhhh really i didn't know what to do.... 

Wednesday we had district meeting and I almost had a heart attack.  We were all sitting in the room and our district leader pulled 3 out of the five of us out of the room to tell them what to do for a role play and I was one of the 2 left in the room... I looked over and saw that the only one left was an ELDER and my heart went to my feet and I about fell off my chair. I stood by the door and grabbed S.Muhlestein's hand and made her keep her foot in the door...  I'm going to be REAL WEIRD when I get home... We also went to the children's museum... (I love that place SO MUCH)...  that night we also taught an INTENSE lesson writhe Terence... He was like "hold on... the only people in the Americas at that time were the ancient Indians..... hold hold hold on so YOU'RE TELLING MEEE That Christ appeared to those ancestors?!?!" He was freaking out!  He also came to church this last week again! Woot whoot!! It's so fun to teach.  So so fun!!

Thursday we taught our investigator Vijay from India about enduring to the end and he is the CUTEST. We found out that he is moving back to India for 3 months for his business though so we have to send the missionaries there to him. Hopefully they will be able to help him by teaching him in his own Language (Hindi) and his own culture! We were able to read the Book of Mormon with Bernice, our (kindof eternigator) but she has finally been reading on her own!  Whoot whoot! 

Friday we had the the most interesting lesson ever with a member of the ward who likes to prove everything wrong.. nobody be like that okay. He likes to test to see how much the missionaries know about scripture and wrote this essay on everything that is corrupt about the church... he's nuts. But he has 2 HUGE ENGLISH MASTIFFS AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE. I pictured being Benny the Jet and sprinting all around town to get away. They are both in the 230 pound range and could CRUSH ME. 

Saturday we had exchanges again and taught a Baptist man named Fred! Those Baptists man, they're toughies but it went well! He is real soulful and told us about how he and the whole church walked down to the river singing gospel in Alabama so he could get baptized. Wowwwwwwaaaaa.... then we taught a member lesson that had us all crying. When you take time to recite the first vision and invite the spirit in it just hits you. After the exchange I got my cutie comp back and we went to the ward fall fest. NAPER 3 KNOWS HOW TO HAVE A PARTY. EVERYONE was dressed up... like full out. The best was a Capri Sun by brother Holt, but I also loved Lucy and Ricky, rock paper scissors, and karate kid cast featuring the karate kid and Johnny and the crew in their Halloween skeleton/hood getup. So much fun! 

Sunday we were able to teach Henrietta and she cried when we showed her the video "Mountains to Climb." We love her... She is just real lonely. She currently had a radioactive cat living in her house which is aaaawwweessooommmeee because I LOVE CATS WOW. We got to see Courtney R, he is a recent convert who found the church because his neighbor, brother Oscarson, was mowing the lawn with a smile on his face... when Courtney came out and asked why he was so happy he replied "because I have the gospel!" Boom. Baptized. HOW COOL IS THAT. He just had a heart transplant so we are working on getting over there! Then we taught Cassie! (Casey) she is the nonmember of a part member couple that has been coming to church! We had been thinking about her all Sunday and had an impression to stop by... this is a scary thing because she has been very mean to missionaries in the past and very stone faced when we stopped by last time. We knocked in the door, she let us right in! We were just straight up with her and she LOVED US. She said "I feel more comfortable with the idea of getting baptized now, can you go through the lessons with me?" OUR MOUTHS DROPPED. HOLY CRAP EVERYONE THIS IS HUGE! We are going through the first lesson with her tonight and we are STOKED!!!  SHE IS THE BEST!!!

Being humble feels better than being prideful, this his the Lord's work, we just have to get out of the way and wait with patience. He will always answer our prayers! I love the missionary life. Byeeeeee I love you all!!

Love, S.Bair 






No comments:

Post a Comment