Funny story that I didn't write about last week:
*Dramatic Flashback to Last Sunday*
I wake up. I know it's fast Sunday and grit my teeth because I'm a BABY and struggle SO hard every fast Sunday. But it's okay I'm really working on developing a love for it. We go to church and everything is great, come home not feeling the best but that's okay. By the end of the night we finished tracting and I was feeling like the PITS. I thought it was because of fast Sunday but we ate dinner and it seemed to get worse? We get home at 9:00, straight to the shower and straight to bed. My cute comp set my pajamas out for me and everything and I was OUT. I wake up expecting it to be like 4:30 a.m and look at the oven.. it 11:40.... there was an intense pressure in my head and I needed to throw up... But if I throw up, my head will get worse.... so i decide eh, better not... We have no medicine, I had used the last of my Excedrin. I soon realize that that bathroom light is on and my ears finally decide to work and I realize that S.Muhlestein is PUKING in the bathroom. Make a long story short, we took turns in that bathroom all night, switching in and out of the shower and trying to nap through it all... we ended up running on a total of 30 minutes of sleep. The alarm goes off, it's FINALLY 6:30, I have a migraine, my comp is dying, I get dressed, messy hair and huge sunglasses and we're in Wal Mart by 7:00. Got medicine and a Diet Coke and were headed out to our chiropractor appt. I got emotional be cause an Indian lady treated my so nicely despite the fact that I looked like a goblin. (I cry when I'm sick OK...) there are still good people in the world.
This last week has been kind a crazy! It was raining all week! I love Illinois rn... because it's way intense. Especially when there's a tornado watch. We were on exchanges almost every day with the sisters in their areas so we were in our area for like 20 minutes. We have been able to have a few lessons though and that was super great! Terrence came to church last week, he even bore his testimony!! Ah it was crazy!! I was able to knock on so many highlighter colored houses... I loved every single second of it. I wish I knew Spanish so bad... I will someday, I know it!! We had a cool lesson with a Mexican version of Khamphiane and I loved her. We went and cleaned this scary lady's house as she told us about all the people she had thrown an axe at.... But she gave us Gatorade so it was all good.
Saturday I turned 20! It was the BEST day ever. I woke up and got to open the packages from fammmmmmm and it was the best! I can't thank you enough, I loved all of it! My comp got me a cute card that killed me... I'll have to take a picture and send it when we get home... she loves the fact that I hate being called little one so you can guess what it will be like. But there were 4 little free diet coke slips of paper in there... love those comp coupons. Then, we went and helped our investigator Henrietta clean out one of her houses so she can sell it. Then right after we got our transfer call EARLY (Birthday Blessing #1) AND WE ARE STAYING (Birthday blessing #2) whoot whoot! Then we were on Tornado watch and had a crazy storm that night and it was flooding and lightning and thundering and we got a text from our zone leader demanding that we go home and it was NUTS AND I LOVED IT! (Birthday blessing #3) so it rained so hard all night and it was so fun to listen to the storm and anticipate the tornado sirens going off. I ate so much chocolate that day.
Our teaching is picking up and we are talking to lots of people and inviting someone to be baptized every day! It's been awesome. I love how many different people I get to meet out here, so much culture in a big huge melting pot. And the best part is that the church is for everyone!!!
I love you all so much, I love my Savior, I know He LIVES!! Everyone do the # catchthepowerofthebookofmormon challenge!!
Xoxo,

No comments:
Post a Comment