SO FIRST THINGS FIRST. Fireflies really truly exist. They infest the trees and bushes that line the road and when you drIve down it at night they sparkle. It's THE COOLEST THING. So just so you know, Ray and his clan are my best friends and they're not just in princess and the frog. 
Second, we had our mission tour which was so great. Elder Gaverett came and spoke with his cute wife. They are so excited about the work and it was fun to hear their accents. The main thing that I got out of it was that yes, missions are stinkin hard but it's fine, and you still need to have fun with it because it literally only lasts so long. That kinda blows my mind because Illinois is home... like I feel like I've lived here forever and I can't even imagine what it would feel like leaving...
We are still working with the M* Family, they weren't getting back to us so we just showed up.
We brought K* a birthday gift and ended up talking for an hour and a half about the gospel. (goal achieved) We made a return appointment and the dad ended up telling his daughter that our church was the true church, that we have restored truth back to the earth, and that the living prophet today continues to do so... "other churches don't have that. " We literally watched this non-member Father teach his daughter about the gospel as if he had been a member his whole life, held the priesthood, and went on a mission. So then the moms cuts in and says the reason the she doesn't like it is because the church only reads the Book of Mormon and not the Bible.. then the dad says "FALSE, THEY STUDY IN THE KING JAMES VERSION JUST AS MUCH." We literally were sitting there with our heads going back and forth watching A* answer the questions that his family had. We were there to bare testimony and commit K* to read the Book of Mormon... She's a stubborn one that one... she grew up in new jersey and will not budge... (she claims it's a new jersey thing anyway...) so we are going to keep trying, they are so dang close. They told us that they have been through so many elders and they have never been impacted so much. The spirit has always been really strong, we literally sit there and let the spirit work. Heavenly Father's got them. It's like my heart hurts so much because I just want K* to realize that this is worth it and I love her so much... agency... I struggle. It's grown my testimony of inspiration though. I love these people... I want them to have the gospel so bad I come home and cry because I'm so exhausted because I literally put all I have into them. It's the best feeling ever though, Christ did that for each of us. I KNOW they are one of the reasons I came to Illinois. Because the M* family is not in Africa, or Australia, or Guatemala, or the Virgin Islands... they're in Oswego Illinois. YOU ARE CALLED TO THE PEOPLE, NOT TO THE PLACE.
We Just had an awesome lesson with Patrick in bishops home, the spirit was so strong. At the end of it all bishop said OKAY SO WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP HERE?! And Patrick looks at him "JUST WAITING ON YOU BISHOP!" Patrick is being baptized!!!! He is praying about 3 days and picking. It will either happen the first, eighth,or fifteenth whoot whoot! Everyone be excited!! We have been able to have some awesome experiences with Patrick. HE is the coolest Jamaican man ever. We went to his facility because he has had soccer tournaments the last 3 weeks and hasn't had 2 seconds to breathe and needed help... we got there and he had us doing all sorts of drills... I was like WE CAME TO HELP YOU, NOT SWEAT TO DEATH! But it was super cool, he was showing us some tricks he likes to do where he throws the ball up and catches it on the back of his neck and sprints down the field. IT'S NUTS. I have pictures just let me show them to you... HOLY SMOKES.
Antonio made us steak this week, he has been coming to church every week and is doing so good! He is trying to stop smoking and drinking, so we are pushing ourselves to reach a goal with him. I'm drinking a lot more water, Sister Vescovi isn't eating any desserts, it's great! He is still obsessed with his dog curly.... this dog is seriously the ugliest thing I have ever seen... I will send a picture someday but I love that he loves her so much
Gah!... I wish I had all the time in the world to tell you all everything. Just know that this gospel changes lives and families and without it we are in the dark... no one wants to be in the dark. We all deserve the light that our Heavenly Father gives to his children. The light that lit up the rocks when the Jaredites were crossing the sea. The light that Joseph saw when he prayed. The light that lit the world this last Christmas. The greatest thing is that we can be a light to others, we can LIGHT UP THEIR WORLD! So do It! EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE LOVED.
I hope you all had the best Father's day, a huge hug to my dad! I love you all so so much!!!
Love,
Sister Bair
Illinois Chicago West Mission
1319 Butterfield Rd. Suite #522
Downers Grove, IL 60515

No comments:
Post a Comment