Things in Oswego have been Peachy Keen! It's coming up on the 4th of July and everyone is ready to hit the humidity and the heat with parades and such, we are PUMPED. I have little feeling of sorry because we don't get to see any fireworks anywhere... we get to hear them? 
Monday was super fun last week, we had our p day but we also did Family History with Sister Charles. We have been encouraged to use that more in our teaching and proselyting soooo we needed to know more about it because I had never known less.
it was actually super cool though and I have an EXTRA feeling of sorry that I can't just get up and go to the temple and do names! @fam...
Tuesday we had a truly weird thing happen to Sister Vescovi... she noticed that she had 283774627337 bites all over her legs... they were burning and stinging her to death and she looked like she had fleas or something. Everyone we talked to noticed them and asked if she had bed bugs. Good news! We don't think she does! If she did I would have a freak out. NO BUGS IN THE BEDS. This ward is huge on essential oils and I've noticed a trend... lavender cures EVERYTHING. Pops your popcorn and saves your marriage. Try yours today!!
Seriously though, I've heard it helps you sleep, makes you focus, calms your bites, hocus pocus.
#thatdoterra
Wednesday Salt Lake came and picked 8 sets of missionaries out of the whole mission to do a research project on, and we got chosen! When you get a call saying "you've been chosen to be researched by SLC," that's not exactly just nothing... While I'm stressing bullets and making sure the car and everything is in tip top shape, Sister Vescovi is explaining to me that I HAVE to make sure I actually do my hair that day because we are going to be on a new Mormon Message... That is a good description of the differences we have going on. I died. It ended up being super cool, they had one worker with one missionary and they picked on topic (mine was how do we activate less active members if you weren't their original missionaries?) And the worker asked me a whole bunch of questions to have empathy for the situation, came up with a problem statement, and then came up with crazy ideas on how we could make this better. WE CAME UP WITH THE COOLEST APP AND THE COOLEST WAY TO EXPERIENCE THE LESSONS EVER. I would go into detail, but I am well aware that the only reason why that is so interesting to me is because I'm a full blown missionary and these are the things that get me excited... LOOK OUT WORLD!!! But verily verily I say unto you, it was cool.
Thursday we went and had weekly planning in the park. We like going there, because we can catch a few rays and talk to few people while we are doing so. Last time we had a man named Bill come up to us an explain that he knows exactly what we need to do to make sure our 401 k is intact and how we can make sure we are well off.... they're not trying to sell us anything, they just genuinely want to help us after we show love to them... guess I'm looking pretty grungy or something... well after we had started out, we felt like two tiny drops of rain and thought eh, it's going to pass.. well about one second later we heard BUCKETS hit the trees and all of a sudden we were soaked! It was super warm water, but BUCKETS OF IT. We grabbed all of our stuff and sprinted back across the bridge that crosses the Fox River. We couldn't see very far ahead of us it was so heavy, everything turned Gray but it was like a glowing Gray? Like it was super bright outside still. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! We finally got under the pavilion, (See Pic) we could have gone ahead and took a shower while we were at it!! Anyway while we are planning we looked over and Antonio pulls up in his truck... he has to take this blood pressure pill that is always making him go to the bathroom so he headed straight for the honey bucket and he came up and saw us and "began to be astonished" that we were there too!! We had a conversation explaining that we couldn't keep coming if he wasn't going to keep commitments. We explained that he had to show a true interest in coming closer to Christ and that when he prayed about everything and read the chapter we gave him, we could come back. He told us at the park that he was going to let us go and not call us... but that day something told him to come to the park, and there we were. He was freaking out because he felt like he got his answer! We prayed about it and explained that we needed to be quiet, and listen to what Heavenly Father wants us to know after we say amen. After we shushed him a couple times because he kept telling us "WAKE UP SISTER." or "Do you feel anything yet?" In his Italian accent, he got really excited and pointed to his chest and said "Well I'm feeling a little warm right here, you know imma say that?!" So. We are still teaching Him. :)
Friday we helped a less active named Betty Johnson move. BETTY IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE. She's like 65, and calls herself "the only chocolate chip in the cookie." She is seriously hilarious. She has been through a lot in her life, but she still knows how to be sassy and have fun. She likes to pick on me because I tend to bite back a little and we have a BLAST. After she got done explaining to me that I wouldn't be able to get one of the boxes to the top of the stack in her storage unit, I had Sister Vescovi stunt me up just a little and Betty goes "HOT DIGGITY!!!" She. My. Gurl. After that we taught the rapper, Barbara... lol! I love Fridays. I have the best video of her but I don't know how to send it and I'm so sad!
Saturday we taught Patrick and got his program all set up for the baptism. He is so excited! You all need to just meet him.. Everyone needs a little Patrick Ferguson in their lives.
Sunday I locked us out of our apartment right as we were running out for ward council. You know that feeling as soon as you pull the door shut and then it clicks that the keys are still in there... I LOVE IT. So we called a bunch of people and ended up sitting in our downstairs neighbors apartment and teaching them all the word of wisdom... IT WAS SO AWESOME. So that was supposed to happen. We are now BFFS with Maria Mitchell, her daughter Mia, and her whole extended family. :) PATRICK BORE HIS TESTIMONY IN SACRAMENT!! That night after meeting with our bishop I got to go over to Sister Furstenau home and play the CELLO. We are pulling together a piece for Patrick's baptism! I didn't have any music, but we figured out how to do the Elenyi mix for 'Come Thou Fount' and 'If You Could Hie to Kolob' and it's Awesome!! Super nervous, but this baptism should be so good, I'm excited!!!
So that's my week. :) Mom and Dad, since you are the only ones still reading probably, I love you a LOT.
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. There is nothing better. I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I love this gospel. It's true. IT'S TRUE IT'S TRUE IT'S TRUE OKAY!!!
con amor,
Sister Bair
P.S. "BIGGUPS KING" is a Jamaican way of saying "what's up" to someone you really respect.
"HAGWON KING" is the Jamaican way of saying "how's it going?"




No comments:
Post a Comment