So
I had to say bye to my Elgin.... I hated that. I absolutely love Elgin
and I learned SO much there. So so much. Including some Spanish... but I
absolutely LOVE OSWEGO.
We
got our transfer calls and I knew I would be leaving, Elder Stewart
Chester said "Sister Bair, you ready? .... you are going to be going to
OSWEGO, WHITE WASHING THE ELDERS AREA." For those who don't know what
white washing is, it's when both missionaries leave an area and two
brand new ones come in. It's kinda scary because neither knows the
ropes, but kinda funny because you get to figure it out together and
miracles ALWAYS happen when you do hard things.
My
new companion is sister Vescovi and I adore her. She is hilarious. We
got to the Naperville stake center and had and hour until the transfer
van came to pick us up, so we went down the road and got into a home and
taught a lesson to a guy named Blex... we talked about baptism and now
the elders are teaching him! Whoot whoot!!!
We
got to our new area and got the car... it was NASTY. Boys are gross...
they didn't tell us anything about the area so we hurried a grabbed our
home address from them and the address for the church and got on our
way... the apartment was also just... I'll leave it to you to imagine...
but no worries we cleaned it!!!! Bleach and Lysol are my BFFS and my
hands smell like Hula Wave Rush for days :) Just kidding I don't even
know what it's called I just made that up... but it's blue and smells
like the Celestial kingdom, so that's good. We threw bags of stuff out... we
had a surprise dinner that we didn't know about that night too so.... we
couldn't buy any food because we had to be home for curfew before we
turned into pumpkins... so we are getting on our feet here but it has
been fun having a project!
This
area is more fields and suburbs. It reminds me a lot of little Bear River when we wind through trees and past corn fields. There are a lot
of farms and I LOVE IT. The ward is the best! We met with our ward
mission leaders and they are so willing to help us, the bishop is the
greatest. Bishop Westberg... he had us in his home and gave us TONS OF
NAMES. We are going to find some lost Sisters tonight!! This next week
will be full of visiting and going through lists!
The
next thing is my favorite part. PATRICK FURGESON. He is a little man
from Jamaica, professional soccer coach, and ON DATE TO BE BAPTIZED FOR
JUNE 3RD.
HE IS SERIOUSLY THE COOLEST. He literally walked into a church one day
because he is looking for more in his life and he woke up and something
told him to "go to the Mormon church" so he Googled it, hit go, and
went. There, he met the bishops wife who sent him to us! The first day!
We taught him and the spirit was SO STRONG. He said he knows he has
known us from before, that he feels so much at home, and he is seriously
on fire. He texts us spur of the moment to have lessons and just got
the gospel library app and cannot get enough. We have already taught him
4 times. That's how bad he wants this. He is willing to do anything
and I. LOVE. HIM. He grew up in Jamaica, came to the U.S. when he was 18,
and someone saw him playing soccer and he was super good. They offered
him a job and he now coaches professionals. He gives everything he
has to these soccer kids and owns a shower club. He has gone to places
to give kids balls and shoes so they can play because he feels that
money should never get in the way. HE ISN'T REAL. Oh my heck, someday
I'll bring you all here so you can meet him. He always is telling us
the lessons he has learned from his mom and I tell you what he is going
straight to heaven. He said he doesn't want to just come to the service but
he wants to get to know everyone and teach. He wants to help others
learn about the gospel. He is always saying "wowwwwwww" and just
smiling... he is just so happy! We showed him A Book of Mormon Story
(mormon message, look it up!) And he was freaking out because he felt so
at home. OH MY HECK HE'S JUST THE COOLEST.
WE HAVE ANOTHER INVESTIGATOR THAT LIVES IN AN OLD PERSON HOME AND TALKS IN GOSPEL RAPS........ her name is Barbara.
You never know if she's rapping or talking, and she just breaks out
into song randomly about how it's okay to have a cheeseburger...
"atchyo command."
SO yeah! I am so excited to be here and I am absolutely loving it! Every second!
I
have such a testimony of moms. I absolutely adore mine. You really
don't understand the impact they have had on you until you leave and
can't see them for a while. My mom is the one who taught me how to
study. She taught me how to give good hugs. She also probably taught me
how to be sarcastic, AND I LOVE HER. I know Heavenly Father gives us our
moms so we can reach our full potential. He gives them to us for
comfort, guidance, and love. He gives them to us so they can put stars
on your ceiling and tell you that they love you more than the stars...
make sure to give your mom and extra squeeze. I wish I could give one to
mine! Happy Mother's day to all you moms out there, watch the "kid president" video on moms @mombair. That's from ME! I love you!
I
wish I had time to explain how much I love the gospel, how much I love
families, how much I love being a missionary... but I've never had less
time so just catch my vibes and share your own testimony with someone. I
can't share my testimony without bawling nowadays.... I was a huge boob
in Chic-Fil-A when I shared my testimony with some lady sitting next to
us one table over. The gospel is real, your feelings aren't nothing,
and you are worth more than you can imagine.
I love you all.
Love, Sister Bair

No comments:
Post a Comment