Hello everyone!
How was Valentine's day?!?! What even
is Valentine's day... missionaries don't know. :)
This week has been just a tad
rough... we have had to drop a few people and we have gotten a few
texts saying that the Mormon is not for them... the Internet is the
WORST thing when it comes to investigators because there are so many
crazy ideas about Mormons on that thing! But we have been doing a ton
of street contacting to try to find new investigators which is my
favorite! We snag a water bottle and hit the pavement in short
sleeves and it the best! Everyone is outside when it feels like
summer so we get to talk to SO MANY people. We have found some pretty
incredible people to talk to, most didn't live in our area and they
were just visiting, so we are often referring people to Elder Western
and Elder Julander... but that's okay, we are all on the same team
here!
This week we have been seeing a lot of
our RCLA's. Palmira Miranda and Khamphiane are some of my favorite
people in this entire world. Palmira is the little Puerto Rican lady
who can't tell if she's speaking Spanish or English half the time and
she lives in the dark... idk she doesn't believe in lights I guess I
don't know? We went in a read the Book of Mormon with her. She
started talking about her family and how much she loved them and that
that she often looks back and asks herself "if I loved them so
much then why did I leave them?" She came from Puerto Rico for a
job.. She has many memories of working on farms and washing laundry
in the river by her farm and talking with her dad. She expressed how
much it meant to her that her family's temple work was done and she
had us all in tears. It was such a spiritual lesson! She then fed us
Mexican pastries and hot chocolate..... they are so RICH and she kept
putting more and more on my plate and she got us bags of them and so
I'd slip one off my plate and into a bag when I could. I LOVE LOVE
LOVE HER.
We were able to get a few referrals the
past few days which we are super excited for, Agustin is a GOLD MINE.
He has so many non-member friends so it works out great! We are going
to start trying to teach them this week! We had a referral from out
bishop named Cedric as well, he is committed to be baptized so
hopefully everything works out with that! He is a cool guy and loves
Heavenly Father.. he says he just needs help to come closer to him so
HEY WE'RE THE MISSIONARIES! :) We will definitely be there for him to
try and help him make those steps!
Sister Jardine and I have a blast. We
do lots of service for new members moving in. We eat lots of apples
and peanut butter. We are always laughing and quoting people, it's
been so much fun ALREADY! We workout in the morning and watch the
district.. We made a motivation nation wall during dinner one day...
sometimes I look at the things we do for fun and think wow..... like
the other night the district leaders called us to report in our
number and they asked how the companionship was and we were like it's
so great! I guess they have noticed that we have a ball and said "so
like what do you Sisters do for fun on P-day?"... we literally
cut out pictures from the Ensign and sing hymns in creepy voices with
super clashy harmonies, and then we laugh at each other. We are going
to be so weird when we get home.
This week I have been studying
conference talks and I have such a testimony of improvement! I'm so
grateful we are not perfect and that there is always room to
improve... how boring would it be if we were PERFECT? I'm grateful
for a Father in heaven who loves us all enough to tell us where we
can improve, whether that's more meaningful prayers, not forgetting
to study your scriptures, clean more, not procrastinating, etc.
Whatever it may be he is willing to help us! I also have such a
testimony of being clean. The spirit lives in clean places and has
more of an opportunity to provide comfort if we are living clean
lives (physically and spiritually).
I love the gospel! It's the best thing
for people. There is a scripture that I love, in proverbs 17:22 A
merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth
the bones.
I know our Father in heaven wants us to
be happy, and that we can reach happiness in its fullness with the
gospel. As we come closer to out savior, we realize how much love and
hope there is for all of us and we don't really have a reason to be a
grump. :) 2 Nephi 4 is a good chapter in the Book of Mormon, and I
challenge you to read the talk "What Lack I Yet?" I promise we can
continue to become happier if we apply those in our lives!
Love you all so much, shout out to
Sister Madsen for getting her call to SPAIN!! Whoot whoot!
Xoxo
Love, Sister Bair


No comments:
Post a Comment