Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 5!!! A MEXICAN TURKEY DAY!

Hey hey hey! How is everything in Utah?! I hope all is well!
This week was awesome awesome awesome. Things are super hard. Never been more hard tbh. But everything pays off! My companion is AWESOME. I LOVE HER. We get to know each other better and better every day and it's great! She is strong where I am weak and we are learning from each other... basically she holds me down in situations where I'm uncomfortable and she always tells me that I'm really teaching her how to love people and have fun even though we are missionaries. Haha, its great! I meet new people every single day. And they are from EVERY WHERE. I can't remember everything I said in my last email but I will tell you about some people. Leona and Diana live in a home we knocked on and they are from the Virgin Islands. We are trying to get a return appointment but they were very interested and so nice. I have a soul person who I feel like was probably one of my BFFS in heaven named K*. She's from Lao. She can't speak English very well but we click! We act things out when she doesn't understand what we say. I love her SO MUCH. I am constantly talking to Hispanics who know just a little English, many from Mexico. I talk to people from the Philippines, we knocked on the door of a man named Yacine from France, etc. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE THE COOLEST ACCENTS. The whole world is here in Chicago and I love it! This week we had miracles happen... Heavenly Father just knows what he is doing. So we were out tracting one night, and I just had a feeling that we need to go find A*... (Our investigator that is getting baptized in January WAHOO!) So I told Sis. PETERSON and she was like OKAY LET'S GO. We speedily went and right as we pulled up our phone started buzzing. I looked down and it was A*. YOU GUYS A* never answers his phone. Or texts back. Kinda like how I was before I left (sorry) anyway so we answer and he starts talking really fast and we couldn't understand everything he was saying through his thick black accent.. but we did catch "come over" and " I'm at the house right now," so we excitedly said A* WE ARE IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE AS WE SPEAK.
" OH, OKAY I'LL COME OPEN THE DOOR FOR YA!" It turns out that he had a rough Thanksgiving and day at work so on his way home, he stopped and had a drink at the bar. He came home, got to thinking and decided that going back to the bar for more drinks sounded good but "my conscience told me to just call y'all instead, so I did that, because drinking don't get you nowhere or solve nothin," WE DIED. He literally called us when he felt weak. We were able to listen to him tell us all about what he is going through (it's rough... his plate is full.) And we were able to relate him to Christ by sharing a scripture and relating the atonement to him. We showed him the video 'None Were With Him' and we were all in tears. We left him with a stronger testimony that Christ really does know what he is going through and died FOR HIM. He was so excited when we asked him to come to church and said that Christ did all that for him so he would be more than happy to, "else I go through everything Christ did for me." He wrote his baptism date down and is so excited about that. He doesn't know about the Word of Wisdom yet but it's fine.... :) no, he can do anything and if Heavenly Father wants it to happen it will! But we feel he is so ready. We had an awesome Thanksgiving this week at Sister Hernandez's house and she made us TAMALES. AND I LOVED THEM. (Whhhaaaa) and Mexican rice is so good! So that was fun I got more culture in me.. ;) We have another girl we are working with named K*... I'm learning a lot from her. She has a tough sticky life and I just want the best for her so badly. She just has to let Christ in! This gospel heals people. I've learned that nothing can compare to the results that the gospel brings.. it's amazing. It makes me so sad when people look us straight in the face and turn us away... one day they'll get another chance. :) For example, on Thanksgiving we were tracting and went to a less-active's home. Sister Peterson knew her very well and asked if it was okay to use her bathroom. As I was waiting for her outside the door there was a man in the kitchen who was GRILLING ME. Asking me all sorts of questions and telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm racist against him because Christ never did anything for the black man. He didn't know what he was talking about but had such a cold heart and it made me so sad... I didn't know what to really do... so I just calmly told him that I know God and Christ love ALL men, no matter their color, and that I am just here to offer a message. He has the right to turn me away, and I wasn't going to try to shove anything in his hands. He then just started telling me that I was invading the house and using Christ to get in, by this time Sister Peterson came out and we said goodbye and left. (That's the quick story) I can't remember everything he said, but it pushed me to want to be an even better missionary, and I walked out wanting to knock on 2983792833728 more doors. (Remember when I was told I couldn't pitch?) ;) I learned a lot from that experience... but I KNOW that Christ loves all of us. He died for all of us. He knows what we are feeling and WANTS TO HELP US. I am so grateful. I realize how blessed I am more and more every day. Often times when we have a hard day, the last door we knock on is where we need to be. It's all in the Lord's hands and I'm learning how to fully rely on Him and trust him with everything. Hard days are good days! I don't learn anything from easy days, so good thing there aren't any. ;) I miss you all so much and pray for everyone back home all the time. I hope you all have the happiest holidays, and remember to extra celebrate a special birthday on December 25th. I love you all! I challenge you all to listen to extra Christmas music and to serve someone on December 1st! #lighttheworld XOXO, <3 <3

LOVE, SISTER BAIR :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment