Thursday, November 10, 2016

Week 2!!!

Hey Lindas!

Everything here is so awesome! I seriously learn so much every single day about myself, the gospel, how to teach, and our Savior. It's the happiest place on earth I have decided. Disneyland can't top it I think. This last week was so good and the people make it even better!! I have the most awesome teachers ever and I had the neatest experience with one of them this week.. I wrote a hand written letter home to dad about it. It should be there soon!! 

Sunday was the Sunday Devotional and my companion got to give the opening prayer. Her accent is so freaking cool I can't even. She says things a lot different than we do and sometimes I don't even know what she is saying.. she says things like "corridor". "ill"... "oh my days" (what is that) and "cheeky" ( sassy) and "wide" (sarcastic) "boltic" (cold) she says "SWEETS" and i say candy and i don't even WANT to know what "HAGGISS" is....  so yeah.. ONCE I accidentally said "corridor" and hurried and looked over at her to see if she noticed (she was beaming) and I was like "NUH UH." However I have caught her saying "Linda" and "oh my aching abs"  AND "Judas"..... but the whole district will respond to "Linda" now soooooo.... #winning.  ;) 

Sunday for sacrament we had testimony meeting and it was one of the neatest things ever. I talked about 11m (the building that we have our TRC's in) and related it to Monsters Inc. because that is literally what it feels like. So with the TRC's (investigators) they are all in the same building and all in a different classroom... all the missionaries approach the door and pray. knock. shake hands, and enter. It literally looks like the scene in Monters Inc where they are all getting ready to run into the room to scare. the whole zone was laughing about it but it is so true!!! I am grateful that we get to do TRC's to get in some extra experience though. Maybe the field will be a little less scary because of it! Sunday Night Jenny Oaks Baker came to do a devotional, along with her whole family, and it was the most amazing thing ever. She and all of her 4 kids are so musically talented it is insane. She shared how the gospel has influenced her life and related certain songs to her experience and would stop and play it with all of her kids. she had the violin, as did her daughter, her other daughter had the cello, her other daughter sings and plays piano, and her son plays the guitar. THEY ARE ALL SO GOOD. the first one they played blew me away.. they played "the prayer" by Celine Dion and I wanted to cry the whole time. It was so good. I MISS MUSIC. I GOT TO PLAY THE CELLO THIS WEEK THOUGH and i have never been so happy in my whole life.. I had fifty minutes to play whatever i wanted and it felt so good. I'm supposed to play in sacrament this Sunday for our farewell music number as a district. I'm going to bawl my eyes out. We are singing the "Come thou Fount/ Hie to Kolob" by the three girls that i showed you before I left.. Elder Kelley is the pianist and IS SO TALENTED IT BLOWS MY MIND. He is actually friends with Carley and went through the temple the same session that I went through!!! SO yeah I have some Syracuse ties here in Provo and It's so nice to have someone that knows part of my fam here. We talk quite a bit! 

So our district plays this super fun game.. it's like japanese version of Rock Paper Scissors called "Ta Ma Shi" basically everyone gets in a circle and says "Ta Ma Shi, Ta Ma Ho" and throws out paper, rock, or scissors. those who win, stand in front of someone who lost and points at their face and say "he sha ma hoy!" and points up, left, right, or down.. the person they are pointing at has to look in one of those directions and if they look in the direction you are pointing, they are out. Sounds super weird, but i promise it is so fun and we have a blast playing it every night before we all leave to our residency. 

Sunday night was so hard because all the older districts left in the morning at like 3:00 to get on the plane. It feels like a sped up version of High school where you jump from Sophomore to Senior in two weeks and watch all of the seniors who you are really attached to leave for the field and it SUCKS SO BAD. I made so many good friends and also had round two of saying bye to Kuen and Nicole so awesome. not fun. I am excited for everyone though... this world is getting some fun fun missionaries!! I walked into one of the classrooms that had the missionaries in our zone who were leaving the next day.. they were all bawling and Elder Topam looked and me and started bawling when I told everyone that i loved them and would miss them so much.. seriously we were FAM. So yay that's going to be me on monday and i JUST got comfortable here!!!! Sometimes I wish that I was one of those missionaries who were here for 6 weeks instead of 3... but only if the whole Zone could chill for 6 weeks with me.. ya feel? anyway. so yeah that was super hard. SO because everyone was leaving they had to reassign the callings and me and Sister Colborne got called as "Online Coordinators." There is a joke in our zone that "oh online coordinator is like higher than Zone leader, SUPER important like they can't even function without you." ....... in reality Online Coordinator is like the easiest thing in the world but we are living up to our commitment to "keep it up in authority and let the zone know you are in charge" as Elder Holden, ( we just called him Holden) told us. he was the funniest elder ever.. one of those people you laugh at by just looking at him.. I'll send a pic. He had me DYING every single day.  

Monday felt super empty... i walked by Kuen's classroom, empty and dark. the classroom with our zone that left? EMPTY. AND. DARK. worst sight ever. It's okay though.. i only have 3 more days and i'm in Chicago.. Am I excited? yes. Am I freaking out because I don't feel ready? YES. So I have to just go with it, but that's how i felt before the MTC and now i love it. The rest of this week has been good, we have new TRC's who I LOVE. Tuesday morning we had service, we got up at 5:45 and took out our entire residency's garbage.. thats fun. but it lets us go outside for a while when we have to dump the huge bins into the compressor. It's not bad. THEY HAVE CACTUS COOLERS in every single vending machine which has been the bomb and we stopped and got one after we were done. I love those so much.

Yesterday we got to host and it was the funnest thing of my life. My first missionary had arrived in the morning from SAMOA. HOW SWEET IS THAT. She also had like 18 bags though so that was an adventure.. everyone was laughing at the 4'10" missionary hauling around these huge heavy bags all over the MTC. She was SO cool though and said that Tonga and Samoa are exactly like the "other side of heaven" THAT IS LITERALLY HER LIFE. IT has been so much fun to see how different everyone lives and how they were raised... everyone speaks different languages, different accents, and it has been a blast to be around everyone because they are all so friendly too!!  

THIS GOSPEL IS TRUE. It gives us everything. including the means to be happier than we ever thought to be possible. I can't wait to tell the good exciting news to those I serve in Chicago!!!!!!! 

ILL TALK TO YOU NEXT MONDAY! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! <3 

Love, Sister Bair



No comments:

Post a Comment