We got our transfer call. Funny story, the AP's text you about mid evening Saturday night to let you know IF you're going to get a transfer call later that night. We got one that said "you will NOT be receiving a transfer call." We were setting goals and making plans about everything we wanted to accomplish after coming home that night when all of a sudden our phome starts ringing and it's that AP's we answer and Elder Arkoudas sits there and chit chats with us.. We think he's going to give us our sisters that we will cover or something but then he says "well I hate to break up the dream team but who wants to go first?"? We looked at each other SO CONFUSED said "uhhhh..... " and then explained that we didn't think we were getting one... they sent us the wrong text. I'm staying in Bloomington and Sister Jagielski is going to the top of the mission in the Rockford stake to serve in a tiny little branch! So I'm getting Sister ward and we will be the STL'S here. Should be good!!
We founds new investigator last week named Susan Long. Susan is in 60's but holy cow is she a character. She is on the ski team, does pickle ball club, teaches dance class, goes to Zumba, she basket weaves, she volunteers to drive old people to appointment when they can't do it themselves to some organization, .... she's all over the place. We served her last week to help with all the clutter in her house and found out that she's Episcopalian.. (idk if that's how you spell it...) but we were able to go to lunch with her and taught her the first vision and the spirit was so strong!! She wants to read the Book of Mormon now ad had lots of questions and it was so great!! She is flying to Florida for the next 2 weeks but we are excited to teach HER again!
We went on 2 finding exchanges this last week, one in Morton with Sister Corbett and Sister Steiner and one in Peoria with Sister Perkins and Sister Orchard. We had a blast! We had the craziest day ever in Morton.. I'll tell you the story .
Sister Corbett and I taught this lady named Sue. We went over the the restoration and and Read the Book of Mormon with her. She is a very interesting lady.. She has a really hard time focusing and swears up a storm. We would be teaching her and she would randomly stand up and go to the kitchen, switching subjects... it seemed to be a little of a mental thing? BUT the cool thing was is as soon as we turned to read the Book of Mormon the spirit was there and she was able to understand really well. Sometimes reading the Book of Mormon is just what you need in order to teach them! Also she taught us how to make paper cranes.
We then decided that we would go to a small middle of nowhere place call Secor. We pull into this place and it is DIRT POOR. there are abandoned horder houses, and just little tiny houses. We went to find a former investigator named Tony. We find tony's house and notice that there is a parked really old white boat car with a bumper sticker that says "my boxer is smarter than your honor student." And walk by to see the boxer in the driver's seat.. okay..... we crawl up his little wood porch to find a toaster sitting there with 2 BLACK once upon a time Pop Tarts, knock on the door and this confused old man who looks like TONY FROM OSWEGO with 2 LONG bottom teeth answers.. We asked him if he was Tony and a younger guy came around the corner looking FLUSTERED said " not right now okay we are having a MOMENT." ..... ummm. Okay.... then all of a sudden another dog BOLTS out of the door and the old guy goes "WULL NOW WE'RE HAVING A MOMENT." So we go chasing after this dog (2nd time on my mission) and turn around to see the old man hop in his boat with his smart Boxer and Tony SPRINT out of the house, hop on a GOLF CART and speed after this dog. Zipping around corners to the point of almost tipping the Cart over... We decided we better stop trying to chase the dog around. I was DYING.
THEN, we knock on this door and Sister Corbett says "ope there is a very large man without a shirt on in there..."
"Please tell me He's gonna get a shirt on..."
"I don't know..."
The door opens up and here is this super old lady without any teeth so she's sucking on her lips.
"Hi ma'am!" As we start this conversation and she gets real squinty eyed and says
"I can't hear a Darn thing you're sayin!!" In the most cartoony old lady voice I've ever heard. She wasn't interested.
We keep walking and all of a sudden we hear the song "wwhhhyyy ddoesss my heaarrttt keep on beating....." .......... We felt like we were in a movie. We knock on the door to the house where the music is coming from, porch covered with dog poop, and meet Katrina. NEW INVESTIGATOR.
SO THAT WAS AN INTERESTING DAY.
Peoria exchange was way cool, everyone is black and it was so much fun to talk to them!!!! The email is already getting long so I'll wrap it up sorry..... :)
When missionaries hit their 12 weeks left Mark, the mission sends them an email with a talk from President Monsen titled "FINISHERS WANTED." I GOT MINE. WHAT THE HECK. I'm not okay with it.......... I never want this chapter of my life to end. Not ever. I've loved it too much and have looked forward to it my whole life. So I'm soaking in every second I have with this tag of mine on my heart. I love being a missionary so much.
I love you!!! Thank you for all that you do for me. You're the best mom in the WORLD!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment