Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 9!!!

Hey everyone! 

This Last week was so crazy... We had the Christmas party with the zone, we went caroling with our district, we had super great food, we found ourselves locked out of the apartment without a phone, and an awesome Christmas! 

The first part was way fun, we had a talent show, President and Sister Griffen spoke, we got SO many letters... @ BTW Bear River 2nd ward, I love you all so much! You made my Christmas SO GREAT. I was all tears reading them. I'm grateful for your love and support!!! After we ate and had the talent show, we got our Christmas packages and got everything home! Getting everything to the third floor of the apartment was RIDICULOUS, I'm too blessed!!:)  We were able to go caroling with our district that night too which was super fun, I'll send a pic!!  

Friday we were on our way to one of our stop bys when we felt like we HAD TO TALK TO A LADY WALKING DOWN THE SIDE WALK RIGHT NOW HURRY. So we pull over, basically fall out of the car, and full on chase this lady down... we finally catch up to her and start walking a few feet behind and pretend like we're not panting or stalking her... "OH wow I love you're hat!!" (THIS IS SERIOUSLY WHAT WE DID I ALMOST LAUGHED AT US). We found out that she was Chinese, and on her way downtown to find A CHURCH THAT SHE LIKED. She had no idea what was in Elgin and just was looking for a Christian Church that wasn't in Spanish. WE PASSED AWAY. We explained who we were and how we felt like we needed to talk to her and gave her a restoration pamphlet and card with our number and she kept saying "OH I SO HAPPY!!" She wanted to come to church, know our names, read everything we could give her, the only thing was that she is living with her son and can't meet with us at the apartment because he won't let us, and she doesn't have a phone... ggrrreeeaattt... it's fine. So we make our stop by after saying bye to the Feny (the Chinese lady) which went very well, and are on our way home when we notice that the phone isn't in the car anymore. We start PANICKING because that has all our contacts, investigators, etc. In it. We searched everywhere. I was on my hands and knees searching in the snow. We said 8273534526262353 prayers... nothing. We finally went back to the apartment because we were STARVING!!! We get out the door and to the car so we can go to the library to contact the office through email and a pay phone ( I used one of those things.. cool huh) well yeah we get to the car and SISTER PETERSON LEFT THE KEYS IN THE APARTMENT. The apartment has never been more locked... so we are sitting there in Illinois, no phone and locked out of our apartment and car. We knocked on a neighbors door and she spoke very little English but let us use her phone to call maintenance... we were so mad at ourselves.. we sat in the hall and hopelessly tapped our feet together as we waited.. 100 percent helpless. WOOOOOO! a man finally came and let us in, we went into the bedroom to find it LEAKING SO BAD above the window, all we could do is throw a towel underneath our new natural faucet and leave before the library closed and we couldn't get a hold of anyone. Eventually everything worked out, we got a phone, someone is coming to fix our ceiling and transforming it back from being a faucet, and we are back in the apartment. So YAY GOD IS SO GOOD. I'm sure sister Peterson doesn't even notice the probably big bruise she has from buffing it flat on her bum SO HARD on the way to the library... yeahhh comp. inventory was INTENSE that night. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Christmas was the best. I was able to talk to my family, and that was my favorite thing that has ever happened. Families are such a blessing. I love mine so much. We woke up early to open packages, I cried my eyes out when I opened up mini m&ms, chocolate oranges, and branch from the Christmas tree from home. I AM JUST SO GLAD I GET TO BE WITH MY FAMILY FOREVER. The gospel is true. I would be nothing without it. I love being a missionary in Chicago. Love and miss you all, Happy New Year!! I hope you will all give your families a huge hug, and I challenge you to pray with them or for them every night. Families are so special!

Love, Sister Bair






No comments:

Post a Comment